The eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain to which Jesus had ordered them. When they all saw him, they worshiped, but they doubted. Then Jesus approached and said to them, “All power in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, until the end of the age.”
The original eleven Disciples of Jesus were on the mountain with a resurrected Jesus. They knew He had died and had by now spent countless hours with Him after His resurrection. They had seen Him heal lepers, the lame, the blind, the sick, etc. They had seen Him raise multiple people from the dead. They had seen Him walk on water and calm a raging sea. And, yet, even they still doubted. Doubting is a part of our human existence in this broken world. It’s okay to doubt – it’s natural to doubt. But, what differentiates us from other mammals in this world is our ability to think in a very complex manner – formed in the image of God the Father Himself. When we find that we’re doubting anything in life, we must seek the Truth. The lies are in the margins of our lives, but we are encouraged by God to stay on the Path to Life and follow Jesus’ example. The Word is Truth. If we are looking for encouragement in this regard, we must open our Bibles and marinate in the Word of God. All of the Words there don’t have to make absolute sense, but they are the Absolute Truth. We must learn who God is and how He sees us. We must seek Him to find our Paths Home. We must give ourselves a break when we stumble and doubt; but, we mustn’t linger in doubt. We must remain in the Word (our Map), get back on the Path (our Faith Walks), and seek the Truth. For the Truth will set us free – Forever.
- John 8:32 / And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
- John 14:6 / Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”
- 2 Timothy 2:15 / “Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.”
- Matthew 7:7 / “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.”
- John 17:17 / “Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth.”